Hoodie: Some tacky shop in Hollywood
Shoes: Ego Official*
Look okay, I too have my days where I see the latest 'street' trends and think "well doesn't that look pretty darn stupid."
One which I really didn't understand was the oversized hoodie trend. Because, lets face it, it gives us all nightmares of when our school uniforms were 786346523467523 times too big for us. Along with long arms that could rival Mr Tickles and a shape that makes anyone look like one giant marshmallow.
I've very much warmed to the trend for several reasons:
1. It's a bit like the Croc's trend - you may look like a twat but boy, oh boy is it comfy AF.
2. Am I wearing my pyjama top from the night before underneath? Most probably, but whose ever gunna know.
3. It's basically like still being in a snuggly warm bed ALL DAYUMN DAY.
4. Plus, a bigger size means a bigger pocket, which has endless space for you phone, lip balm, chocolate bars that you can get it 100% quicker than if you had to delve into the labyrinth of your handbag.
5. The large hood means you don't even have to give evil eyes or say something sarcastic to let people know you wanna be left the f*ck alone. Simply pull the draw strings and viola a nice little bit of quiet time or nap on the tube.
6. If I get extra chilly it's now even acceptable to layer tee's or dresses over le hoodie such as this sick 90s Umbro shirt - score.
7. If someone tells me to stop dressing like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality before she had her pageant make-over. I just direct them to one of my many fashion mags and say "It's called fashun, look it up".